Sunday, September 11, 2011

a few of my favorite things


I love this chambray shirt.

Now that Lincoln is old enough to eat food (very excited over here), I want to make these awesome food face plates.

Hilarious laws of parenting.

Do you think you look like your relatives?  Designer Ulric Collette explores the genetic similarities of family members by photoshopping their faces side by side in his Genetic Portraits series.

Last Sunday I talked about my love of mason jars, then on Thursday I had a mason jar picnic with Lauren and her kids.  To feed my obsession, I found this site that offers desserts via jars (little pies inside little mason jars)!

 Next month, Tyce and I will be celebrating our anniversary, and I've liked the idea of a second, less "scratchy," wedding ring (until Lincoln is a little older and a little less "bag'o potato"-ish).  I am in love with delicate gold jewelry, so I'm hinting (does it count as hinting when I post this?) for a gold band.  Here are my favorites:  This ring from St. Kilda has the sweetest wording etched into the side.


This ring has a knot on the top, but is still so minimal.  I still love things that sparkle, so i can't get over these rings with little diamonds scattered through them.  Lastly (and possibly my favorite) is the plain, thin gold band.  They can be stacked, too!

Lastly, and most importantly, in Thursday's Washington Post opinion-editorial, President Thomas S. Monson shared his thoughts on September 11th.  He wrote: "If there is spiritual lesson to be learned from our experience of that fateful day, it may be that we owe to God the same faithfulness that He gives to us.  We should strive for steadiness, and for a commitment to God that does not ebb and flow with the years or the crises of our lives."  Find the entire article here.
Today is one to reflect and remember the impact the attacks left on the American people, and more importantly, the American spirit of unity and the healing that has taken place over the last ten years.  

4 comments:

  1. your child is beautiful

    http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love the ring with the knot! And the one with the etching! SO cute! Fortunately, I have a small ring so I never worried about snagging a little one. You could send me yours for a little, lol...lol. And the face smash of the relatives...crazy!!! I want to do that with my family! Gosh, I love your favorite things. Please tell me you have more because I love reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaand one more thing. I want one of those pies out of the jar. Really? People really do that? I am not creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The laws of parenting always crack me up and I'm not even a parent yet!!!

    ReplyDelete