Sunday, August 7, 2011

this is one of my most favorite things

I don't mean to brag (or do I?) but I have the best mom.  Ever.  Some people are worried they will be like their parents, but not me.  I worry that I won't be enough like my mom.  The first day my mom was here visiting, she was watching Lincoln while I got ready; I could hear her singing to Lincoln, then Adele turned up loud and L breaking into fits of laughter.  When I opened my door, they were dancing around the room, L obviously having the time of his life.  After that, any time my mom would walk into the same room, Lincoln couldn't stop smiling.

She's taught me everything from making the bed with "hospital corners," to what the book of Genesis really means (wait, Adam and Eve weren't cast out of the garden for literally eating an apple?).  My mom adores my dad (to say the least) which serves as an amazing example of what a marriage should be like, she has shared her love of books (so I majored in English Literature), and taught us all to give of ourselves.  Sometimes I'm overwhelmed by how blessed I am to have been born into this family, to have been "born of goodly parents", and apart of something so much greater than anything the world has to offer.

How grateful I am to have such a strong example as a mother, and to have someone to teach me the importance of the gospel, of education, and always being there for your children.  She is the most selfless person I have ever met, and does everything for us.  Although I should be able to understand that (now that I am also a mother), her willingness to always put us before herself still amazes me.



How lucky Lincoln is to have such a grandma!  How lucky we are to have someone I trust spiritually, mentally, and physically with Lincoln!  I don't think it has to be Mother's Day to admire my mom...there's just not enough time in that one day!

P.S.  I realize I only claimed to post one of my favorite things, but I can't help to add that Tyson is done with summer school!  I kicked my shoes off in a fit of excitement the minute he finished - he's all mine now!

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! I remember spending many a night at your house and I got to witness her wonnderful loving heart first hand. I was always made to feel apart of the family and if we wanted to go to the mall, she drove us, no complaints. And you reminded me how wonderful moms are in general. I love mine too! I always hope that as Eli gets older he will feel that way about me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, you are more than generous with you kind words. Funny thing about being a mom, somehow your own heart just can't grow as fast as the love you feel for your kids....and now a grandchild!
    Love you so much, Mom

    ReplyDelete