Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"I'm going to stop procrastinating. I'll start tomorrow."


My dad used to always laugh at how much I'd procrastinate when it came to things which seemed particularly unpleasant.  I'd rearrange my room, clean out my dresser...anything but actually complete the task I was supposed to be doing.

The thought of packing a diaper bag, a laptop, a camera with multiple lenses, a stroller, and [the most daunting thing] a 23 lb. energetic toddler - all as my "carry-on" - is really beginning to scare/worry/emotionally exhaust me.

Tomorrow, Lincoln and I catch a flight to California to visit my parents.  While I have no problem packing the million things going into our checked luggage, the carry-on situation is seriously tempting me to start rearranging some furniture.  Luckily, my two brothers are visiting and have provided the perfect distraction (and fun) for me to justifiably procrastinate packing.  Just a little longer.

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way! I don't mind chores, but paperwork or packing for something...well, not so much! So excited you are coming out here! I see playdates in our future! Love this pic of you too...your eyes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! We are getting ready for an 8 hour car ride with our 21 pound toddler and I am just as nervous. How on earth am I suppose to contain him for 8 hours!

    ReplyDelete