Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Day

Christmas was a little different this year than it has been because there wasn't anyone that wanted to wake up early (last year that will happen for us).  Tyce made a german pancake breakfast, then after nine people battled over three bathrooms to get ready in one hour, we went to church and enjoyed a Christmas musical program.

When we got home I put Lincoln down for a nap, snuck a few cookies to hold me over until after presents, then spent time with my siblings while we waited for Mr. and Mrs. Claus to finish laying out stockings.  After presents we ate hor d'oeuvres, pulled wrapping paper out of Lincoln's mouth 64 times, visited with my grandparents when they stopped by, and then took Sunday naps.

After an amazing dinner, we sat around the fireplace talking and watching my little brother's lego motorized bulldozer drive around the floor, trying to avoid the topic of bedtime since it was our last night there.

1 comment:

  1. It is bittersweet to read of Christmas past. It was a great day, wasn't it? So glad you guys were here! I love you tons!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete