Saturday, September 17, 2011

teeth, or the lack thereof

Teething status update: None...yet.  I have to trust my instincts on this one though, and say that they will definitely be here soon, because baby boy can't stop chewing on everything in sight (this includes his fingers if nothing else is available), and because we don't give him Infant Ibuprofen until it's the last resort, he often wakes up crying because he is hurting.  Last night he woke up obviously in pain, so [in the dark] I stumbled to the medicine cabinet for teething tablets.  I grabbed the little container and dumped it into my hand, but instead of little tablets pouring out, I felt goopy liquid in my palm.  It turns out that the bottle of Ibuprofen and teething tablets are the same size.  Fun little fact to figure out at 3 a.m. with a rather demanding baby crying for immediate assistance.




I guess because summer is coming to a close, we're trying to do as many "summery activities" as possible while the warmth still lasts.  So of course, we ended up at Sugar House Park to have a very unhealthy picnic (fried chicken) and take a walk to burn a few grams of the saturated fat we just shoved down our faces.  By the end of the evening, it was chilly enough to put a blanket over Lincoln's feet and hurry to the car.  I am excited for fall, but it's always a little sad when one season comes to an end.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe he is sitting up by himself. This literally blows my mind.
    -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. before you know it, he'll be pulling himself up and standing ! :] what a cutie pie !! have you tried the teething rings with the water inside you can freeze ? or maybe just wet a wash cloth and freeze it and let him nibble on that to soothe his aching gums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^Good suggestions. They'll make their debut soon enough and then you'll be posting blogs about how he won't let you brush them! LOL When Eli got his he kept his tongue stuck out for a couple months straight. Made for the funniest pictures! Also, rub his gums. There is something released that helps them. It makes Eli fall asleep when I do that:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. J never liked to chew anything cold, but he certainly chewed everything else! Ahem…me included…. Anyway, they will be here soon and the process begins, it seems like we get a good month or two and then another one starts working its way up! Have you ever heard of Baltic amber beads? You can do a little research but I have them on J and they do help a little, certainly not miracle workers but anything helps!

    ReplyDelete