Friday, September 23, 2011

so long, summer!

In honor of the last day of summer, we visited Iceberg Hamburger Stand. We thought it was a nice way to wish summer goodbye, since it's a place we've frequented the past few months (our first visit of the season is here).


It's one of "those things:" when it's miserably hot outside I wish it were cooler, but now that the nights are more chilly and the days are getting shorter, I am sad to see the heat go.  I'll miss the slurpees, my tank tops, Tyce's shorts (what?  he looks good in them), Lincoln's onesies (with his little baby-chub bare feet), warm nights on our balcony, picnics, cupcakes on the patio (because they don't taste the same inside), and sandals with bright toenail polish peeking out.  But what I will miss the very most is baby Lincoln, and all 6 months he's spent growing during this season, because next summer I don't get that back like I do my sandals.  

3 comments:

  1. your little man is the cutest!! love your adorable blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of my post about being sad to see summer go. But you nailed it saying you can't get the babyhood back. That IS what I'll miss the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally know what you mean about missing the warm nigts when you are out in about. I have to admit tho, I'm loving the Fall time. I'm glad you guys had a nice time!

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete