Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lincoln's going through a phase

where he pretends he's talking on the phone.  It doesn't always have to be a phone (he uses Sophie the giraffe, a hair brush, etc), but he holds it to his ear, laughing and chattering while walking around.
The funny thing is that we rarely talk on our phones, so this little copycat action has shown me that  Lincoln still notices the seemingly insignificant things.  Lincoln's mimic has reminded me how important parents are in emotionally shaping their children, and how responsible I am for who he becomes.

It feels overwhelming at times because I know I'll make mistakes, but I'm learning!  The love I have for this little boy is enough to carry me through feelings of parental insecurity, make me a better person, and apparently, talk on the phone less!

1 comment:

  1. You got a picture of him in a squatting position!! Now we need both of you in that same position!!! I cannot stop laughing, this is such a great picture!!

    ReplyDelete