Wednesday, September 7, 2011

12 hours old

While I was in the hospital after having Lincoln, a photographer came and took newborn pictures of our day-old baby.  We weren't planning on buying the photographs ("so over-priced!" I thought then, but now I understand why), so I quickly forgot they existed...until yesterday.  I found the password to the web page, and logged into our account.  And there they were.  Eight pictures of baby boy, only 12 hours old.  Oh. My. Goodness.
We haven't ordered them yet, so here's a sneak peek of a few I pulled from the website...






There's something about seeing your own baby as a newborn that brings back the rush of those early moments.  Like sitting for hours just to stare at him sleeping.  Like the feeling when he was first handed to me, and the almost religious-like experience of the birth.  And looking at what we created: the little fingers and toes, the pink, soft skin, the tiny body that seemed so fragile and breakable.  Those first everything's are irreplaceable, and have a certain kind of spirituality about them.  It seems so long ago, but it's hardly been 6 months!

6 comments:

  1. those are just precious ! i wish our hospital had done that for us. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had those pictures done too and also did nothing with them. I wouldn't even know where to get my password from. I think they might be lost. Now that I am seeing yours it makes me want to find mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh...it goes in the blink of an eye. He's precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww! He looks so adorable!
    xo,
    http://peppermintandivy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek, I wish my hospital did that! They change so much, almost instantly. I need another baby. Like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I disagree. It IS a religious experience! We can't make a blade of grass and yet we can make a baby?
    It's sweetly overwhelming:)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete