Sunday, August 21, 2011

a few favorites from the beach

Going to San Diego has made me miss living in California. I try not to think about all of the things I love so much that are only available there because I want to enjoy where I am, and not be a cry baby about being in Utah...but I have my days.  Although I try to stay positive, today I am really missing the humid salty air from the beach and my family.  Every night we took a walk down the boardwalk and it felt so good to have the beach on one side of me, and my family on the other.





The condo that we stayed in had a hot tub (we quoted the SNL skit "Welshly Arms hot tub" every time we'd talk about going in).  Besides killing everyone's sunburns, it was really nice to sit in chemical treated hot water to wash all the salty grim off before we went back inside.  My parents used to have a huge jacuzzi that they'd keep luke warm so we could splash around when we were young, but it's gone now.  Although they have a gorgeous deck and porch swing sitting where the jacuzzi used to live, I miss it!  In the summer, that jacuzzi was our best friend, and we made a lot of good memories floating in the bubbles we "accidentally" poured in, spinning from the jets pushing our little bodies in circles.


While we had eight babysitters around, Tyce and I snuck out for some real fish tacos.  Not the Del Taco wanna-be version, but the real deal.  I love fish tacos with all my heart, I just refuse to eat them unless they are fresh (which means next to the ocean), and since it's been a while since I've been near salt water, I forgot how amazing they taste!


I guess while we live in Utah I'll concentrate on appreciating the perfected bread recipes with homemade jam, the beautiful parks and family friendly everythings...but sometimes I like to dream we are somewhere a little different.  Just sometimes.

1 comment: