Tuesday, March 27, 2012

the used bookstore all to ourselves

We try to frequent locally owned bookstores to find Lincoln (and ourselves) new additions to our library.  There's something about a used book that I love.  The hardbacking, the golden woven lines tracing the binding, and the little message on the inside page from the first person who bought the book.  We like to search for the used books that are originals, the kinds that new books charge extra to look like.

You'd think in a recession people would browse the used (and discounted) stores over full price retail businesses.  But there we were, in an empty used bookstore, looking across the road at a very busy Barnes & Noble.  It's unfortunate for the small business, but made a great day of browsing for us!

3 comments:

  1. I love bookstores...any kind actually. But it does make more sense to buy them used. Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bookstores too, the sad thing is they are all going out of business. It takes some serious investigating to find any bookstores around where I live. Now that Kindles are so popular. Call me crazy, but I just love the original, turn the page book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding new bookstores! There is something so special about it. Your family is adorable. Loving your cute blog! Xo

    ReplyDelete