Monday, March 5, 2012

these boots

Whenever my dad comes home from work, Lincoln starts yelling and unstably running towards the door to greet him.  In the early mornings when everyone is still sleeping and the house is quiet, my dad's footsteps make Lincoln perk up and run around the couch to play a little game of peek-a-boo with his grandpa before he heads to work.

I feel extremely blessed to have parents who adore my baby boy, who get on their hands and knees to chase him down the hall, who take time out of their scheduled, busy days, to show Lincoln how much they love him.

I am often overwhelmed by the love in this house, by the strong sense of family unity, and how much emotional protection from the world my parent's home offers.  Love fills every corner, consuming bitterness and bringing peace and refuge from the world.  Spending time in this home makes me feel confident that with effort, it is possible to block the negativity of the world from my own family and replace it with peace and self worth.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this! You really do have an amazing family. And Lincoln is lucky to have you as his mommy to show him right and love him so. The pic of him in the boots gets me! Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete